Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nanowrimo

Do you want to hear something funny? I joined Nanowrimo this year. It isn't the first time. Two years ago I joined, also. What's actually funny is:
a) I think that I have the time to write 50,000 words
b) repeat the above
c) I have already passed my total word count for 2004.

I am at 756. I have gotten a late start. Actually, these 700+ words were written on the first day, but from there I haven't gotten back to it, due to our trip to Ambato (pictures to be posted soon). I decided, however, that I am doing OK. So, maybe I won't finish, but the point is that I got SOME writing done. And it feels good to be a part of the frantic pattering of keyboards around the world.

Even if mine is pattering considerably less than the rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is this nanowritmo? Is it a club, what do you have to do? Do you win something? Is it one of those uptown weirdos wanna-be-poets clubs? or Is it a respectful intellectual real and published and wellknown writers club?
Let me know