Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Coming to a MN Lake near you

Oh, the quiet and relaxation I will be experiencing in less than three days... sitting on the deck, watching the bats swoop down over our heads at the gnats waiting to eat us alive, swatting at mosquitoes, running after Nicolas as he attempts to dive kamikaze-style into the lake, catching Tin as he jumps Scooby-doo style into my arms after he hears a "scary dinosaur" in the woods behind the cabin... I can't wait to be in MN!

Oh the fun we will have! Cabin visits, baby showers for my sister Amy, playdates with friends I haven't seen in a LONG time, treks to the library (working on those biceps in order to carry away piles of books), shopping, shopping and more shopping (our true obsession - how lucky am I to get a husband who likes to shop more than me!), walks around the lake, sunlight until 8 or 9 pm, battling the mice in my grandma's basement, taking long drives around the state. We've got trips to Duluth, Two Harbors, Pine City, Mille Lacs, Stillwater (not really a "trip" per se), Hinckley (oh yeah, cha-ching!), downtown Mpls, and possibly Red Wing, planned.

We are arriving on Delta on Friday morning at 10 am, and I cannot wait for the heat to melt me! Won't be long now...

2 comments:

AmyO said...

Hey Kari - Love that you have a blog! You're coming to Stillwater? That's where Dave & I live now. If you would like to meet Olivia, let me know & I can meet you somewhere. Sounds like you have alot planned, so I'm not sure how much time you'll have. But send me a message if you'd like to meet up. Its been pretty hot here...but I'm sure you're used to that ;)

Kari said...

Thanks, Amy, I'll send off an email right now. Maybe we can find some time for a little playdate for the kids!