Monday, October 27, 2008

random thoughts

On my mind today:
  • I miss Halloween. The pumpkins are getting rotten but if I carve them now they'll rot even sooner. Ah, the dilemma.
  • I'm sort of bummed out that I convinced Andres that October was too soon for Disney World - the McMahons are there as of tomorrow and it would have been fun to meet up.
  • I love the word alas. Alas, I don't get to use it often enough. And when I do - alas - people look at me as if I were nuts.
  • My camera has no batteries. Or, rather, it has batteries that work for one day and then stop working again. I change the batteries and the same thing happens. I can't find any rechargeable batteries here. It's a bit disappointing.
  • Little boys coming up out of nowhere and giving me the best mommy hug. It just doesn't get any better.
  • The pregnant bug is going around - I know of like 5 people who are all due early June. Weird.
  • I need to find somewhere that sells good photo paper. I want to print out some photos and they just aren't working - I think it's the paper but no one around here seems to be able to tell me anything.
  • I think geocaching would be so cool. Doesn't anyone down here feel the same? Maybe they do it in Guayaquil. They scrapbook there you know.

Tomorrow we'll be going to get our driver's licenses renewed. We had to get a picture taken for the paperwork for tomorrow and the lady surprised us with a composite picture of Andres and I in front of a cheesy sunset picture. Andres is glowing like God, and I am unsmiling, floating rapturously through the sky. So hilarious. If I ever want to laugh, I'll think of that moment where I am telling the lady, "The picture is just for our driver's license," as she photoshops the death out of Andres's shirt.

She was so proud of her work. And truthfully, it is one of maybe two pictures we have of the two of us together.

The kids liked the pics and stuck them up on the bulletin board.

1 comment:

AmyO said...

A few friends of ours go geocaching - they love it. I'm shocked Dave hasn't started doing it cause he loves those type of computer/video games.