Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The school routine (at least this week)



This week I am off and so I am in charge of dropping the kids off at school and picking them up again. The drop off takes about an hour - traffic is horrendous! And pick up really isn't that much better, just that it is warmer by then (the mornings have been SO cold) so I am happier. I like to get in the car, which is roasting, and not open the windows or anything, just sweat through it and let the sun beat on me and have my own little private sauna session, until the kids get inside and absolutely melt, crying and whining the whole time that they are going to die because it is so hot.


Well, they really aren't exagerrating. It is HOT!


When I pick them up from school, I have to have a juice box for them (or they melt and absolutely die since they are so thirsty), and then it is off to Grandma Shushu's, where we have a lovely lunch waiting for us. Then off to do some homework. Now Shushu lives just a block away! It is so nice knowing that she is so close. I'm not sure she necessarily likes living "out in the boonies" (or in the south of Cayambe, as my brother-in-law says), but I think she likes being near the kids at least. :)

2 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

A block away from grandma?! Now that is a sweet deal for all of you ;-)

Jennie said...

That IS a sweet deal that she's so close now! And I feel your pain in the traffic. Every morning--1-1.5 hour trip there AND back for me :-/