Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Today...


  • Today I am getting excited to go to the beach for the first time in 11 months. Eleven months is too long! I am looking forward to the heat, the food (shrimp in coconut sauce and popcorn shrimp with fresh rice and plantains!), the pool, sitting outside with an ice cold beer, playing board games with the boys on the patio, sleeping with no covers at all!
  • Today I am happy that I took the time to go for a walk while at work (I even brought my tennis shoes, so I was able to walk further and faster). It was a mere 3 km, but it feels good to have that "out of the way", since the rest of the day will be driving to the beach. 
  • Today the secretaries are at an event in Sto Domingo, which means it has been abnormally (and almost eerily) quiet around here - no students coming to our office, no beeping from the turn-style turn taking thing, no loud music coming from their desks (the station they listen to plays the same mix over and over, I could go through the songs right now - mostly 70s and 80s - one of which is Mr. Roboto). 
  • Today it was sunny and warm (although a little breezy) while on my walk but is now getting dark and looking like it might storm and/or rain.
  • Today Agustín went to school nervous about his Sociales exam. I helped him study last night for the exam, and the topics were all over the place: biodiversity in Ecuador, World War I, the history of democracy, economics, how to set up a small business, deficits and surpluses and balance sheets. In all honesty he knew most of the stuff in a general sense, but if they ask too many details he will bomb that test (it was hard and I had to look some stuff up - he even had lists of the different battles fought on each of the fronts of WWI). We shall see.
  • Today the boys had a school event going on so they didn't need to wear uniforms. That's always fun.
  • Today I am anticipating my final Day in the Life of 2017. It will be fun to be at the beach (although boring - I expect to have lots of pool/ocean/food pictures.

No comments: