Friday, June 30, 2006

Doctor's Visit

Yesterday I stayed home from work and took the baby to the doctor. We were behind - his three-month appointment was supposed to be around the 6th, but time has been so scarce lately, not to mention money (as usual!). The doctor said he's perfect. His tear ducts are still blocked, though, so I will have to bring him to an eye doctor to check it out. Also, he needs to get more food. Of course this has me worried... I've noticed for the past few days that his diapers aren't very wet. Of course I suppose this has to do with not getting quite enough milk, but of course I am worried again about failure to thrive and CF and all that. I don't know why I can't quite believe the tests that came back negative. I can't believe I am such a nervous Nelly about my kids - I never wanted to be like that. Anyway, the doctor was fine and excited about his progress in terms of his motor skills. He got vaccinated for meningitis, too, so was a little fussy last night. Good thing is that the Tempra we gave him made him sleepy and he slept pretty well. I am a little frustrated by the fact that he was such a good eater and now seems to be rejecting the bottle. I think it may have to do with the fact that I am back to work and he misses me. Agustin never really did, but Nicolas cries nonstop every Monday. I feel so guilty, like I am a terrible mom...

On another note, poor Bati isn't so happy in IA. He is going to ask for a transfer, because of reasons I won't go into here. I just wish he were having a better time.

My heart feels so heavy right now. I'm glad it's Friday and I will have all weekend to spend with the kids.

No comments: