Friday, May 20, 2011

Mini container garden

In Orlando I found some seed packets for basil and dill and decided that those were two herbs that I wanted to try growing myself. Basil because we use it often (or would if it would keep in the fridge - but it never lasts more than a day) and dill because it is impossible to find here (although last weekend I found it at the supermarket. Go figure - as soon as I start growing it, after sixteen years of never being able to find it, so does someone else. Oh well, fresh grown will be better anyway!). The dill is growing very fast, but the basil just sits there. I think it said that it takes about 6 weeks. Hmmmm.... worth it?

Next I want to grow green onions and chives! And cherry tomatoes. And zucchini. I am going to need a LOT more space!

No comments: