Monday, February 12, 2007

Can you guess where I'm from?

I just took a quiz called What American Accent Do You Have? Of course, they were able to nail it on the head. I was really happy to see the question: Do you think bag sounds like vague? questions, since we Minnesotans get a lot of grief for our alleged mispronunciation of all words like tag, bag, and flag (to the point where I've had Californians ask me to spell the word because they cannot for the life of themselves understand where I've just put my paper and pens).

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland

The South

The West

The Northeast

North Central

Philadelphia

Boston

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Kind of fun!

Just took this one, too.

You are 79% Minnesotan

You are urban Minnesotan, or at least from the suburbs, and you know your stuff pretty well! Great job!

How Minnesotan are you?
Make Your Own Quiz



I suppose I got the speed limits wrong, maybe some of the highways, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took the minnesotan quiz..I think I was like 89%!! LOL!! I miss everybody!! Hope everybody's o.k. and I am having SERIOUS nephew withdrawls!!

Amy Elizabeth said...

I scored a 71% on here, it stated that I was suburban.....I guess I have turned into that.

Kari said...

jennie and amy elizabeth - very hilarious!