Tuesday, April 26, 2011

STICKY!


I got these cute bowls in the dollar section of Target.

A few months ago, Andres broke my only mixing bowl, promised to buy me a new one, and never got around to it.

So, of course, I saw these cuties and got them for myself on our last trip. And for only a dollar! Pinch me, please!

Unbeknowst to me, however, was the very very sticky glue that the Chinese factory that made these bowls used for the label - which was on the inside of the bowl.

I tried everything, for three weeks.

Soaking. Nope.

Scrubbing. Nope.

Nail polish remover. Nope.

Baby oil. Nope.

WD-40. Nope.

I was SO frustrated. I grabbed some powdered detergent, like Tide, and threw it in there to soak. Nope. Or, at least not until I started rubbing the detergent out. It took some major elbow grease, but the detergent stuck to the adhesive, and by rubbing and rubbing I created a little ball of sticky detergent.

Score!

Not sure these suckers were worth a dollar, though.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

sounds like you needed some goo gone :-/

Amy Elizabeth said...

I love the 'stick-to-it-ness' you showed with this 'sticky' situation :-)

Dork alert! Dork alert!

Sometimes I spend so much time like that on the most ridiculous thing but then there is that sense of accomplishment that you get when you conquer it!