Friday, November 30, 2012

Countdown to December 1st!

I just have not been taking pictures lately.

I'll put the camera down somewhere, and then will find it a week later.

I wish I kept it with me more, so I would get back into the habit of documenting with photos, but out of sight, out of mind!

I am so excited to start December Daily tomorrow, but if I don't get in gear about taking pictures there won't be much to write about  :(

This morning all I could do was sit and plan activities for our month of December. I want to do more with crafts this year - we really have not been taking full advantage of the kids crafts out there and I only have a few more years (probably) of this, before my kids are teenagers (cry, cry), so I better get started!

Such a cute ornament! It uses the kids' hands.


Another cute ornament using the kids' hands. I am all about getting images of their hands, while they're still small, and comparing later. And I think the kids would love making the impression in the homemade clay ;)


These Santa faces look easy enough!


And I've got TONS of popsicle sticks in a box that I have no idea what to do with. Maybe I'll try these sleighs?


I am really excited about the advent calendars as well. We have one on our kitchen door that is reusable year after year, but the ones with the little doors that open to reveal a treat are the best. The ones we have going this year are:

Lego! The kids haven't seen it yet. I plan to put it under the tree tonight :)

 
 
And of course some chocolate ones (always fun):
 
 They look something like this but with chocolate. Not sure who made them - will have to check later :).

And then of course I want to do this one this year too.


Too many? I don't know if next year this one would be too babyish, so maybe it will be too many but who cares? The kids sure won't!


1 comment:

Jennie said...

Love the Advent calendar and those sleighs! Adorable!!