Sunday, December 02, 2012

Hello December Daily!

December is finally here and so is my Christmas spirit! I was so excited to get started on Christmas that we did quite a bit yesterday. I'd better slow down or I'll run out of speed before we're halfway to the big day!

We started the day with some crafts. We did some Christmas crafts (the Santa beard faces in my previous post) and some resist techniques paintings I found from Illustration Friday for Kids. It got a bit intense and took the entire morning, but the kids had so. much. fun. And we hadn't done an arts n' crafts day in a really long time.

I finished the Christmas decorating - mainly the kids' mini tree and stockings. Once they got their rooms decorated, I got everything put away and stored and it finally looks so festive in the house! Woohoo!

Day One of my December Daily goes like this:



I'll probably do something on the other side a la Ali Edwards - I want to print out the PNG file she's got  on her web site. I think covering up those big black ink spots would be a good thing.

The tag says (on the other side): "The Christmas decorating got finished up today - now the house really FEELS like Christmas! The finale was the tree the kids put up in their room. There are battery powered mini lights on it this year!"

And I should mention that I'm pretty sure I have lost the camera. For good. I've looked all over all week and it is nowhere to be seen. Andrés was at work all day so I didn't have the iPhone, so Nico actually took the pictures in the album with his camera (my old one that is "broken" and has no flash). They were a bit blurry but better than nothing :)

And I got the cover done - it turned out SOOOO ugly but I had fun. Oh well. Used materials I had around the house so I guess if I cared that much I would have thought a bit more about what I wanted and gone shopping :)


Today we had a similar day. So pumped up from the crafts day yesterday, Agustín came up to me after lunch and whispered in my ear that we should do more Christmas crafts. So we did - got the popsicle sticks painted for the sleigh ornaments and made some pom pom ornaments. That didn't really turn out. Sometimes Pinterest makes me think I have super powers. I don't. I actually suck at crafting pretty bad. But I figure the more we do it, the better we'll all get, so we continue to forge on.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

haha, oh yeah-- Pinterest will get ya! ;-)

Amy Elizabeth said...

Ummmm there is NOTHING ugly about that cover- truly, I like.
Send me some of that Christmas spirit, would ya?!
Hmmmm.... Cameras usually like to hide in old purses, under beds, under the seats in the car, behind the couch or in the cushions. Good luck

Amy Elizabeth said...

Last pictures you took appear to be of your Dec Daily book....by the computer? Craft room? Printer?