Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What to say, what to say...

So, I need to get that creepy picture (previous post) off my blog! (My father-in-law is doing better, by the way. He'll need some radiation sessions, though, so he's not completely out of the woods, yet.)

I thought I'd be able to do it, this blog, I mean, but without a camera I just feel... blah.

I thought I could use Andres's camera, but...well, HE'S usually using it, and it isn't always on me, and so, well, here we are three weeks later and my blog is ... blah.

I really have nothing to say. Everyone else has such cute posts and fun pictures and interesting things to say, and I've got... NOTHIN'. I've got NOTHIN'!!!!!!

Whine, whine, whine. That's how I feel. Project Life has suffered, as well. Plus, I'm out of ink so no pictures are getting printed.

So, it really isn't that NOTHIN' has been happening, just the everyday little things that I figure no one cares much about (but me, of course!).


A trip to Friday's (the kids LOVE it here, you know, cuz it's always FRIDAY, lol) for chicken nuggets and an OREO madness. Agustin really loves this dessert, and Nico will eat it just because Agustin does, but he is much more of a vanilla boy.

Inspired by the gas pictures I see sometimes, decided to document the cost of OUR gas (we have one car that takes Extra, and one that takes Diesel). Gas prices haven't changed here since we dollarized the economy in 2000. I don't know how much longer it can go at these prices...

A few lazy days at Grandma's. Grandpa is still recovering from surgery, but he is more mobile and not in very much pain, which is a good thing.

Man do I love my boys! And they, in turn, LOVE TV! Like father, like son, I say! :)



Agustín really enjoys days when he has computer homework. That, and Math, are "fun" days. He struggles more when it's social studies or Spanish. I feel like I was never good at (or liked) Social Studies much, either, so maybe he gets that from me. Studying maps and learning all those terms...yucky.



Lailai, Andres's great-aunt, had a birthday this month. I made an ombre cake. Fun! She hasn't been feeling real well, so has some medical appointments lined up to see what the problem might be. 



The kids got a science kit for Christmas, chock full of little experiments. This is the homemade glue. They certainly had fun with this!


Always fun to get washi tape in the mail. It will never get old, I imagine!




Our flowers are doing amazingly! Those morning glories are out of control, and growing like 2-3 inches a day. No lie!

Some dominoes after school...

Let me just say, at this point, that Blogger makes it REALLY difficult to add pictures and then move them around. I am much too tired to fight you, Blogger, so you will have your way. Adding more than one picture on you really sucks, though!

We made it to the stadium for the season opener this weekend. Our team won 3-1. It was a fun night - gorgeous weather and not very cold or windy, lots of people at the stadium so lots of excitement, and a big bucket of KFC wings to calm the hunger pains. 

This guy got a little upset a few minutes later because he needed to be closer to Bati. Oh well. Mommy is first until Uncle comes around...



The night got a little late for my "baby" Nico, but Agustin had an absolute blast. He really really enjoyed himself!



The sky was so blue and clear. The stars that night were out and the sky was so beautiful.

 Agustin decided to make a parade this weekend with his Legos. Man does that kid get some great ideas! Everyone got involved, and it really did look like a parade!


 After the parade, there was a bloodbath. Apparently, the parade was a ruse - just a way to trick the peaceful village into coming out so the bad guys could attack. Poor peaceful village!


 Pedro is still alive, although he might not make it longer if I don't clean his water (water is clean here, today it is MUCH worse). Poor Pedro!


As for me, I am doing well with my resolutions. So far I have lost 5 pounds, which is obviously going in the right direction, although I had hoped for more. Usually the first month you can lose a little faster than that, and I have been tracking food and doing way more activity (walking/running 5-6 times a week, as opposed to nothing before). But at least I am getting 4-5 servings of veggies and fruit every day. That's gotta count for something!

I still have a lot of organizing to do, but the house has been clean since the first of the year, and we're keeping up on that. It feels so great to know the vacuuming and dusting and mopping and bathrooms are getting done on a regular basis. A HUGE relief!

As for my creative challenge, it started to feel like homework about a week ago. I'm pretty stubborn, and determined to do it, but not so sure it will be "fun".

Well look at that! I guess I had more to say than I originally had thought :)

2 comments:

Jennie said...

MAN I love those kids!!! Agus really does have such an awesome imagination, and Nico...gotta say I am much more of a vanilla girl myself! ;-)

Don't beat yourself up about not posting---can't imagine how to do it without a camera, but it's fun when you do!!

Unknown said...

This makes me giggle.
Not much to say?! Sounds like something I would say/do.

Love this post. Little bit of everything :-)