Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December Daily Days 18 - 21

December 18th "After school pick up"
With Mommy's new job, we have a different daily routine: Mommy drops you off and picks you up from school. It is nice, seeing you both in the middle of the day, and I enjoy having you in the car, telling me all about your day. Of course, if I happen to forget a cold Yogu-yogu (which happens more often than I would care to admit), there is always a little scene in the car. Maybe a bit of a struggle to get Nicolas buckled up -- he is usually too hot and cranky after the long day. The afternoon routine has changed as well: Daddy picks you up from Grandma's house and does homework with you before Mommy gets home. So far it is working well, although some days I do miss coming home in the van with both of you and Daddy.



December 19th
"Cual numero nos toca hoy?"
This year Nicolas really got into the chocolate advent calendar. He used it to learn his numbers. They were "one-five", "one-nine", "one-one". Finding them himself.
and on the back:
"Numbers"
  • One-nine on the advent
  • One mini book at storytime ("Frosty the Snowman")
  • Four cavities!
  • First dentist visit
  • Two brothers who are learning how to play together and share.



December 20th
Xmas flicks this season:
  • Elf
  • The Grinch
  • Home Alone



December 21st
I wasn't too happy when I found out a few days ago that I was going to have to go to Cuenca for work for the 21st and 22nd, I'll admit. I had planned to do some stocking shopping, cookie baking, and simply organizing a bit for the upcoming festivities. Everything turned out OK in the end, as it usually does, and the hotel was beautiful - a "special treat" - the boutique hotel Mansion Alcazar. Rose petals ---even in the toilet!

No comments: