Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December Daily Days 6-9

December 6th



I can't help but wonder if some day I will ever run a marathon. For months I was in the habit of jogging 45 minutes a day, and I loved it. A marathon (or half) may be in my future...

December 7th



Oh coffee. Oh Starbucks. Starbucks Starbucks everywhere! I always look forward to Starbucks when we visit the States, and this time of the year, with the cold cold weather and the seasonal coffees made Starbucks really hit the spot! Peppermint Mocha, Creme Brulee, and Gingerbread lattes (my fav!) - we tried them all (and some of them twice). By the end of our trip, even Andres was getting one - and that says a lot since each one costs about $5-6! In the end, however, I can take just a plain black coffee - my favorite way to enjoy a cup of Joe. Starbucks may have been expensive but, in my opinion, it is a trat well worth it. Also, I saved money buying gloves - any time my hands were cold I bought coffee!

December 8th



This year, out of the blue, you asked for a star (not a bow, as other years) for the top of our Christmas tree. So while in Las Vegas, your daddy and I bought a star for our tree topper. You were excited when you saw it. You finished your homework up real fast so that you could watch us put it on the tree and light it up. I quite like it too...I've never had a star as a tree topper before! Thanks, Agustin, for another great decorating idea!

December 9th

Since November 5th, we have been experiencing nationwide power cuts, due to a drought (and, let's face it - poor government planning). This means that the whole country has been put on a power schedule. Ours hasn't been SO bad, about 3-4 hours every other day, but it has been only at night (7-10 or 11 pm). So, on days when we won't have power, it's a mad rush to get the kids home, homework done, toys put away (or we'll step on them in the dark!), candles set up, dinner and dishes done - all before lights out!

No comments: