Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December Daily Days 3-5

December 3rd
Lots of walking again today - down to New York, New York and back. I really wanted to see a show in Vegas, but Andres didn't seem very convinced, so the really "good" ones, like Cirque du Soleil or Phantom, were not really an option (I just couldn't see him agreeing to $200+ in tickets, especially with a mall right down from our hotel). regardless, we decided to see the "V" variety show in the "V" theater in Planet Hollywood, but when I went to buy the tickets the girl at the counter convinced me to see "Inten-si-T" - a new show premiering that night about the "history of music". Tix were only $5 each (what they called "free") and I thought, "hey, how can we go wrong?" Well, turns out it was the history of house music, the girls couldn't dance and couldn't keep in sync, the singers were off key - the seats were like some from a "chifa" (Chinese restaurant). A disaster - which we laughed through the entire time. UNREAL! The saving grace of our wasted afternoon was dinner at Margaritaville. The wait was less than fifteen minutes (can't say that for Red Lobster Times Square!), the service was good, we sat in a boat and the dinner "show" was 1000x better than the one we had just seen. And free! I had a Cheeseburger in Paradise, which was the best cheeseburger I have ever had, and Andres got the nachos - also the best I've ever tried. Great treat after the intensity freak show! Even Andres was no match for the volcano nachos...



Some memorabilia tucked into the envelope...


December 4th
Our day started with shopping...er, every day started with shopping...



December 5th
I love Christmas lights, decorations, music. And the trees and ornaments! But I have to admit, by now I was really missing the kids, and the decorations made me wonder if they were remembering to open the advent!

No comments: