Saturday, January 08, 2011

Photo Shoot in Ambato




Today we took a trip to Ambato. The weather could have been a little better, but we had a nice time anyway. First we went to eat the famous gallinas de Pinllo (Pinllo chickens) in peanut sauce, finishing it of with some local pop: pineapple-flavored Fruitkiss.



Next we went up to the Primera Imprenta to view the city. As Grandpa Dan searched the horizons for that perfect building and perfect shot, Agustín asked me to take a "few" pictures of him.

"Mommy, take a picture of me here."


"Mommy, now take a picture of me here."


"Mommy, now here."


"Here too."


"Now take a picture of me here."



"And now here."


"Oh, this looks like a good place, right Mommy?"


And after all those pictures, I had to get one of the two of us. He was so huggable at that moment!


The whole time Agustín was posing, I ket trying to get Nico, but he kept giving me his back.I did get this one, though, surprising him by coming up behind him and sticking the camera in his face!


Next we went up to Quisapincha.


Driving around later that afternoon, we came across an indigenous celebration. Got to watch as adults and kids went out dancing, some dressed as devils, others as angels, others as animals (there was even Bigfoot), all dancing around statues of the Baby Jesus and Joseph and Mary. Very very cool.


This guy was a bit creepy, but cool to watch. He had a stuffed skunk that he used as a phallic symbol and/or pointer. I am not sure at all what was going on, but it was one of the neatest shows I have seen. I need to do some research to understand more about what the celebration and custom was all about.


That night it was Ali's for supper.

"Mommy, here is good too, right? One more. Last one for today, OK?"


2 comments:

Jennie said...

NOT fair!!! When I ask him to pose for a picture, he runs :-/

Amy Elizabeth said...

So cute.
I wish mine would ask me to take pictures.