Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Walking Route (in Car) #4: the Basilica




Today's walking route was more of a driving route. For one, we are getting enough of these hills.


I really like the Basilica. Andrés's grandpa is buried in the crypts here, so we go to mass here a couple of times a year. I like how majestic and regal it seems.

The altar is something different - very plain and simple but with the Ecuadorian flag. A lot of altars in Ecuadorian churches have the flag right up there with the image of Jesus.


Dad's teaching me a lot. He does his homework before we go places and then tells me what to look for. For example, look at these cool gargoyles.


Made in the images of Galapagos animals and other animals from Quito. I don't remembering noticing them before, although Andrés has for sure shown them to me.


1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

I remember that church. Very beautiful!