Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Memory Lane

I took a little trip down memory lane this afternoon. I decided to clean out the little junk drawers in our kitchen table and came across these flashcards.


I remember sitting here not that long ago and, before meals or between courses, or sometimes even during the meal itself, using these flashcards to quiz the boys, as they learned addition, subtraction, and their multiplication tables. Packing them up to throw out/give away made me

  1. sad - how can this time already be over? it went by so quick! 
  2. and happy - they learned their numbers! 

On a different note, the weather here has been the pits. Cloudy, rainy, and cold (if it rains in Quito, it's cold!). Every other day, however, it seems we get a glimpse of the sun, so the "season" is starting to change. We'll be paying attention because with the change of season there are usually small tremors and quakes that start up, then a big one to shake it up a bit. That's when everyone knows the weather has flipped over to summer.

Something that has really enjoyed the cool temps and constant drizzle is my carnations. They haven't been blooming well and I thought either the plant was dead or past its prime, but today I saw them and they're thriving. Tons of buds on them too.


No comments: