Thursday, May 10, 2018

Week in the Life 2018 | Wednesday (Photos + Words)

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. This week has been going by very fast, although the days seem slow.

Another cloudy, cold morning. No rain.


I've been taking coffee with me in the car for much of this week. I like to hold the warm mug in my hands (since the heat isn't allowed on most days). Cold.


Last night we ran out of gas. Lately it is happening during the week, so we leave the tank on the stoop and give the money to the guard. When we get home - voila! a new tank is waiting. Of course, with this system we (Andrés and Agus) have to bring it in ourselves (it's heavy when full).


Our view from Andres´s parents´house. Snow on Pichincha this morning. The evenings have been cold.


Getting the bags in the car before they go in and have breakfast and get ready for school. They will leave with their grandmother around 7:15 for school.


Agus has been "scolded" for not saying goodbye properly in the mornings. So lately he likes to come up to the window and stick his head and hands in and wave directly in your face. Funny kid. (Love the Nico photobomb!)


Ernesto came over for a while this morning to talk about some of the changes that were made regarding the books. The contract was terminated a few weeks ago and he had just found out. Nice to talk to him as he was very supportive. We'll see what happens.


In the meantime, the sun comes out and it looks like we might finally get a sunny day.

Reading over some of my notes while Andrés is in a meeting with the tech people about online appointments for placement exams. We share an office, so I usually get to overhear the details.


Didn't get around to breakfast until almost 10 am when the office got a little quieter. What I've been having lately = cereal + Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit.



Quiet around here. Placement exams probably won't pick up until next week or the week after.


Listening to videos. I gave my office headphones to Nico for Galapagos and haven't gotten them back. These only work in one ear and are too low. 


 Signing class registers. And signing. And signing. And signing...


Morning treat from Andrés - orejitas.


He has something to say. I listen. Then I go back to my desk.


Lunchtime - up in the computer lab again, where it's relatively quiet. Looks like rain (but it's not raining, even though there is a lady with an umbrella. Hmmmm).



Dark clouds. Pichincha looks so ominous in this type of weather.




A little work after lunch. Or, rather, it probably wasn't work work. Although I did have to contact some prospective teachers to set up demo classes next week.


Leaving work. 3:45. It's started to rain. Again. Luckily it's a light rain and stops the further north we get, so traffic is manageable.


Yesterday our Roomba had some issues docking and charging and I spent sometime looking up possible causes. So many people said you had to take it apart and rewire it. Finally I found a video that said you just need to clean the sensors well, even if they don't look dirty. It worked! I also decided to take this time to clean out all the parts and change filters as recommended. It's like brand new.  What a relief.



I sat on the couch crocheting while Andrés got supper ready. He made this chicken enchilada casserole. Very tasty. (Agus, strangely enough, was not a fan. He says he doesn't like melted cheese + chicken or any type of casserole. He had to choke it down.)


During dinner the highlight was Nico teaching Agus the word "taunt". Apparently this is something you can do on Minecraft to lure other players.

I made a light snack with the leftover tortillas while we waited for dinner to be ready. Nico really likes guacamole. Agus not so much.


After dinner Andrés and I did clean up and some prep for tomorrow's breakfast/lunch/dinner (I feel like all we do at home is prep food lately). The kids took their evening showers and I sat on the couch to work on a crochet project while Andrés snored away.


45 degrees. At 9:15 I went upstairs to read with Nico. Agus proceeded to play with SnapChat filters with Daddy.


Kids were in bed around 10 and then I decided to read (finally). I'm reading The Alice Network. It's ok. I had started it a week or so ago and had a hard time getting back into the story and trying to remember what was going on. It's very unsatisfying to read on the Kindle, but I love being able to have access, through the library, to so many good books for free. Three weeks usually isn't enough for me to finish a book in anymore, however.

I fell asleep and woke up about ten times during my chapter, but got stubborn and decided I needed to finish it. The second I did it was lights off - probably around 11:15.

Hasta mañana!


2 comments:

Jennie said...

I wish you did this play-by-play everyday! I love reading i, and I'm pretty sure I know where I get my love of writing from. :-)

Jennie said...

p.s. Enchilada casserole...sounds AMAZING!!!! How dare he?! (Agustin) haha ;-)