Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Week in the Life 2019 | Thursday Words + Photos

Thursday means we're halfway through the week. The weather has been slowly turning - mornings are gray and drizzly and foggy and cold.



Today the cleaning lady comes. This is one of the best things I can be spending money on right now. It's not real expensive and she does a great job. We leave the curtains open for her and I have to say, I love having the curtains open this early in the morning. We don't usually bother since we leave so early, then get home to only about an hour more of light. But then I feel like I'm living in the basement again and I feel so depressed. I love the natural light.


Henry's office. He's still around but soon he won't be. There are a lot of changes going on at work because of the new rector of the university, and so far most of them seem to be affecting us in a negative way. I can't see a good ending to these problems. The level of paranoia and mistrust are so typical of a political game that it makes me sad. Politicizing academics can never lead to a good place. 


Working on exam writing. These reading problems are killing me. Not so much the writing of the articles - that was fun - but making difficult and different enough questions about the article is what is slowing me down. The articles are only a few paragraphs, but I need to come up with about 16 different questions for each one, and that isn't easy.


Lunch was at the fritadas on Cordero street. I had mote con chicharrón and it was so amazing, I forgot to take a picture! So I took one as I was finishing and had already eaten what I was going to eat.


Had to leave work early for Day 2 of my listening workshops at Edinun. The sun came out but quickly went behind dark gray clouds again. We ended up with rain.


Poster writing. There were fewer people today than Tuesday, but in a way it was better since I ended up with the ones who most wanted to be there. 


The view from here is pretty nice.


The participants seemed to like the demo activities section of the workshop. They really got into the Qr code scavenger hunt. I'd love to try this with real students in the classroom. I think it would go over really well.


This view was blocked by the whiteboards but I managed to take a look in between activities. This has to be pretty great when it isn't cloudy. I'm sure you would see Cayambe and Antisana volcanoes perfectly. It's been a looooooong time since we've seen them though.


I came home a different way and didn't run in window washer problems luckily. Nico was helping Daddy with supper.


Nico made the tuna salad and Agus helped with the cheese sauce for the potatoes. It was very hodgepodge but that's how some days go. Andrés is still getting home late while we "makes up" hours from the forced vacation day.


Silly selfies at the dinner table as Agus "teaches" me how to get more out of my iPhone. He's really into that technology stuff right now.


Upstairs this cutie was watching his YouTube videos. Usually these are Minecraft vidoes or cube solvers.


Just needing a rest. This is the quiet time in the house and this is my typical view you could say.


Getting ready for bed and we found a person under this peluche mountain! Andrés apparently got tired of waiting for the kids to come into their rooms for prayers and fell asleep.


This guy. He is so funny.


And my sweet sweet Agus, who listens to his music, then comes in ready to fall asleep. 

It was a good day.







No comments: