Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book shopping


I had the day off today to go to Agustin's open house at school. He did great and brought home a great report card (19.3/20), but one thing I noticed is that he is a little behind in his reading. The other kids read much faster than him (although I am still unsure as to whether they understand what they are reading). So I decided to take him to the bookstore this afternoon. He got four books, from Toy Story to Ice Age 3 to Transformers and one about Hot Wheels, and enjoyed sitting down with them and reading them (especially the Transformers). I really hope I can help him improve his reading skills. He loves to hear stories, loves going to the bookstore and library and going through the books, but it has been hard getting him to read on his own.

1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

Cool dino shirt! SO JEALOUS of the sun!