Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First bombero


A bombero is a bad (failing) grade. Agustin's first, a 10.5/20 on his English spelling test. As a teacher, I have strong opinions about the nature of this test (first and foremost that there is no context whatsoever for those words), but I won't go into that. We studied diligently for a half hour, writing the words over and over. It's quite exciting realizing that soon he will be reading in both languages (at least a bit).

ETA: I forgot to mention that tonight we had a parent-teacher conference with Nicolás's teacher. That's his report card on the left, and it is PERFECT! All Very Satisfactories. Good job, Nico!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh no! Is this Nicolas' or Agustin's? Your post says Agustin, but the name on the side is Nicolas'--just wondering who I need to SCOLD!!!!! ... Just kidding! ;) They can spell their names wrong for all I care--still love them to PIECES!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Elizabeth said...

Ok, let's be fair...according to my score he only got a few wrong. Sure, he may not have spelled the word they wanted but lag vs leg....close enough for me!