Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bedtime Music Ritual

Grandma Chris gave the kids these books with funny songs a couple years ago. The one the kids like the most is "Philadelphia Chickens". They will often sit on their bed during the day and turn on the music and just listen while they follow along with the books. They listen to it as they fall asleep, too. Daddy hates it - he says they listen too loud, but I love it. I think it is cute that they want to listen to music as they fall asleep (I remember doing the same), and they are easier to convince to go to bed now and seem to wake up fewer times during the night.

3 comments:

Chris Miller said...

Did we mention we're cows? I love these books. I use them for my slower readers to help them master fluency. We make songsheets and they sing along. My personal favorite is Rhinoceros Tap and the Tropical Sand and Shortest Song, plus Rhinoceros Tap and Barnyard Dance. Guess I like them all!!

Kari said...

Yeah, the kids like "Remarkable Cows" the most! I love it because they learn some great vocabulary. ("Mommy, what does remarkable mean?")

Amy Elizabeth said...

We have this book, we need to start reading it and listening to the music, I guess :-)
Well, that is if I can PULL her away from Dora and Diego.