Monday, October 11, 2010

Remarkable Cows


Tin spent a good portion of his afternoon today listening to Rhinoceros Tap and reading/singing along with the CD. He was really proud of himself, that he sang all 19 songs. ("Nineteen songs, Mommy, nineteen! That's a lot." in his own words)



In the meantime, in my own book news, I am currently coveting Hoda Kotb's new book, released today, I believe. (It really is too bad her name is a swear word here in Ecuador or I would tout her a bit more around here, haha). I really hope it is on iBooks! Although I'd much rather have a hard copy, but I doubt it will make it to the bookshops down here.



I am also re-reading Gone with the Wind (on my iPod) - oh it is just so good, I'm already lost in the story in chapter 2!!! - and the best book ever, The Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter and Jam. How could I have never heard of this book before? It was one of those purchases where, I had a few extra dollars and ran to the bookstore to treat myself with something, and couldn't find a single thing I thought looked good. Desperate, I spotted this little treasure. I was unsure, but went ahead and picked it up anyways, and I am so glad I did. So far, halfway through, I am really loving it. It takes place in the now-Zimbabwe, then Rhodesia, and it feels nice to read something about a place so far away and "exotic".

No comments: