Saturday, July 02, 2011

Microteaching

Today was the last day of my class for the Master's of Education Degree. The course was called "Aprendizaje Colaborativo" (Collaborative Learning) and there were 15 students this time. The last day is usually when the students put together all the things we have been doing with collaborative learning and finally design a 45-minute class with collaborative learning as the central learning technique. So, most of the day was watching the students teach. It is really fun to see how they put together all the things they've been talking about, but can be frustrating too when things don't quite go as planned.


Here the students were involved in a marketing class. They had 20 minutes to make tuna sandwiches and sell them outside of our classroom, and then use that experience to discuss the strategies they used and ultimately to understand some of the major concepts that should go into a marketing plan. This was definitely the highlight of the day, and a nice change of pace when you are in class on a Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


The (lack of) altitude and noise from all the microteaching classes got to me a bit by mid-afternoon, and I ended up going into the airport with quite a headache. I was there early, and had to watch all the other flights going out to Quito, wishing I was on each one! In the end I had to wait for my own, the last of the night, but oh how it stinks to be in the airport early and watch another flight leaving for your same destination!


When I got into Quito the boys were there to pick me up. As I got into the car, Kas asked me, very politely, "Mommy, how did it go?"


What a sweetie!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

lol, must have been nice to see your sweeties when you finally made it home :-)