Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Physical trips and etrips: which is better?




Some of the books I have on my iPod which need to be read. I have gone overboard a little, as I normally do at the library, and I think I have a few too many on my plate, especially considering that in less than a week we will be in MN, and I won't have time to read for all the visiting I'll be doing!

Even so, sometimes I just sit and stare at my ebooks. A world waiting to happen :) But I do miss having a real book to touch and hold. One of the biggest drawbacks to an ebook is not being able to page through it before you check it out, not being able to see how long it is (sometimes you get a book and realize that you're not willing to trudge through 900 pages!). It's also very VERY uncomfortable to browse, and often books that "aren't" on the shelf if you browse, are if you do a search. But it makes it hard if you're not really searching for something specific.

A physical trip to the library will still be one of the first things I do when I get home, but it just won't have the same magical pull as it normally does...

No comments: