Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Ambato was crazy crowded this morning after the parade. We did NOT go to the parade - we are not crazy. But the city was quite full and dirty when we went out for lunch as the parade was ending.



The kids were excited to get out of the house, though. They wanted to buy Carnaval foam (and we did - I was the only one who played with them. Me - ha! The only one who supposedly does not like Carnaval) and loved watching everyone spray each other. The only fun I get out of the whole thing is watching them. I really cannot see what is so fun about Carnaval.



Had lunch at Bottero, and it was good. I got this picture of Agustin, who was playing at the table as usual. We often bring some toys for the kids so they can play while they wait for their food, and Agustin really gets into it. He brought these little soldiers this time and spent a good half hour blowing them up all over the table. Poor guys. Agustin's always had a really great imagination, though. If we forget the toys, no fear. Just give him a napkin and he'll make a space ship or car out of it and zoom it all around.

The highlight of the day was the bit of scrapbooking I got in.



I brought a box of things and got four layouts done, and of course had a great time while I did! Will try to post them tomorrow!!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments: