Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Transformers for bed


The Transformers book has been a hit. We read it every day, and the kids are not getting tired of it.

Our nightly routine consists of reading 2 books (each kid gets to choose one, and unfortunately for me, if they happen to choose the same one, they end up choosing another anyhow - it can make for a long bedtime routine). Then the kids get tucked in, say prayers (Nico makes fun the whole time but Agustin takes them very seriously), and then Mommy has to stay and sing songs in the dark as they fall asleep. We started the song-singing back in November when one of the kids was feeling bad, to help him fall asleep, but somehow it has become a tradition. Right now the four most requested songs are Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, the Transformers song (from some commercial when I was small - I like that one since it is only two lines long), and On Top of Spaghetti.

I am usually exhausted by the end of the entire routine and collapse on my bed.

2 comments:

Liz said...

So cute! I love it; thanks for sharing these anecdotes with us!

Amy Elizabeth said...

Love this Kari!
Love the title. Kinda makes me happy that I have two girls...I don't remember that Transformers song :-)