Saturday, February 06, 2010

Library Day


Went to the Damas library today - it has been a lifesaver for me these past 2-3 years. One of these days I will put up a post with the books I've read, 90% of them from that library. I took the kids with me today. Agustin goes through the books like water - he really is not selective at all. Since I have to rent them at 25 cents a book for every two weeks they are out, if he gets 25 books, that can be a bit pricey, so I told the kids to keep it to four books today. They were great - went through the big stack they had originally chosen and pared it down to four. But then...Mommy had to do the same.

One of the things I miss most about home is having a (good) library, as well as a Barnes and Noble, nearby. Geez how I miss the library and B&N.

1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

Oh how I hated the library when we were younger. Sure, I liked going and choosing a few books but we would be there FOREVER! Waiting for you and mom to finish choosing your books. I would gather a small stack together, knowing that I had no real intention of reading them all. I was just trying to fit in and be like my big sister. Each visit there you would get a bigger and bigger stack....it would sometimes make me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit :-) How could someone want to read that many books?!
In the last few years I have been found reading. In fact, I just got done reading a book tonight so I am starting to understand...sort of :-)