Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dinosaurs and Turkey


Agustin created these dinosaurs today, all by himself. He made their cave, and even gave the green one a slab of meat to nibble on while we took the picture. It never ceases to amaze me how creative that kid is!

On another note, we did end up having our Thanksgiving meal today. We didn't get home to put the turkey in until about 3 pm, but I was really organized this year, and also used Amy's crockpot stuffing recipe, which helped free up pans and oven space, and we were eating by 7 pm. Too late for the Ecuadorians among us, but it was yummy anyways.

The menu:
  • turkey
  • stuffing
  • mashed potatoes
  • green bean casserole (I laughed at the 10-minute prep time on the recipe - I have to boil the beans, make the soup from scratch, then make the onion rings from scratch, so this was a two-day process!)
  • deviled eggs (I didn't forget this year)
  • corn
  • jello pretzel "salad" (gotta have a salad ya know!)
  • pumpkin pie
No pics. We were all so hungry that there was no time for that!

4 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

Ok, first of all, this kid is amazing! THAT is a cool picture for the Lego magazine.

Secondly, that menu sounds delish!

Third, how was your stuffing?

And lastly....love the comment about the green bean casserole...should be so easy.

Jennie said...

Green bean casserole is my FAVORITE--wish I could have tried yours! :)

Glad you guys found the time to celebrate, we were thinkin' about you!!!

Kari said...

the stuffing was OK, I think mine turned out a bit soggy, but I LOVED being able to put it in the crock pot the night before. I think i didn't like the apples much. what did you think of it?

Amy Elizabeth said...

The stuffing was ok. I am not a huge stuffing fan.