Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Lifesaver


It has been uncharacteristically cold in Quito this last week or so. There has been no sun, and temps have gotten to about 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit at night. I know it is no Minnesota, where it has already snowed and they are already complaining about the wind chill, but there's no heat in our house!

Meet my lifesaver. My sister Amy made this for me a few years back, and it has been the best present I have EVER received. You put this little baby in the microwave for 2 minutes (I do four - I like it HOT!) and it come out all toasty warm. Then, I put it on my feet, on my lap, in my bed, over my shoulder, etc., and it keeps me from freezing my poor little toes off. Better than sliced bread!

I saw these this weekend at the Damas Bazaar. I thought about getting another one, for those really cold days, but they were $40-59! Ha, I wanted to tell them, my little sister can make one that is WAYYYYYYY better than yours, so there!

Amy, you should make a whole bunch and then try to sell them down here. You could make a small fortune I supppose!

1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

SOOOO happy to see that you are getting use from it!
I should just teach you how to make them and then YOU can make millions and millions :-)