Sunday, November 28, 2010

Feeling better?


Andres has been feeling pretty rough the last few weeks. But today he had to get up early to wait for the census takers (more on that below) and suddenly I hear music (gasp!) from downstairs. I peek down the stairs and see this. Dancing! Shocker.

As for the Census, Ecuador is making the hugest deal out of this whole day. I am getting a little PO'd at it. They canceled all national flights (tried to cancel international but couldn't - I just heard a plane go overhead), and are making the whole country shut down between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., so everybody will be in their houses for the census. No big deal, except last night they say anyone OUTSIDE of their house (like taking a walk or a run) will be asked to go home or go to jail if they refuse. I don't know how likely it is they would actually do that, but it is SO stupid. If the Census taker comes at 8 am, I have to spend the rest of the day locked up in my house? Craziness.

I shouldn't dwell on it more, it just makes me mad. There is always something completely crazy and ridiculous that these people have to invent.

In the meantime, I plan to get my December Daily done and (hopefully) my tree up. I was actually looking forward to staying in today, but to not even be able to leave the house to go for a walk seems a bit excessive. What is this now, a police state? Geez!

5 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

December daily?! Isn't that something you should be doing in December?

Amy Elizabeth said...

Oh and the census rule....WTH?!

Amy Elizabeth said...

And Andresee- glad to see he is feeling better :-)

Jennie said...

Yes, glad to hear Andres is feeling well enough to throw on his dancing shoes--but as for that Census business??!! That is a little crazy that you can't leave your HOUSE-- and ummm, what about the homeless?! :-/ The have to hide??... or they don't count??

Kari said...

ecuador doesn't have any homeless! everything here is like living in heaven - it is the garden of eden. how dare you say there may be homeless?!

and yeah, they don't count i guess.

just ridiculous!!!!!