Friday, December 03, 2010

Making books


One of my favorite schooltime memory is making a book in Mr. Johnson's fifth grade class. We gave it to our parents for Christmas and it was so exciting. This year Agustín's class is doing something similar - it isn't for the parents or a surprise or anything, but they are working on writing and illustrating their own stories. His is called The Magic Door, and the basic idea is that a kid from another planet just like Earth but with strange continents creates a door, and behind the door there are robots. Some are good, some are bad. There are also witches and pirates - both of which are bad. That is all I can really understand of it, but he is really into telling his story. Now he is creating coloring books, pop-up books, etc. Today when we got home from work, we found him at his grandma's house working on a pop-up city. Then he surprised me by presenting it to me. He is a really sweet kid!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

!!!! I LOVE THIS! That imagination is something' elese--I definitely remember being amazed and looking up to my older sister and her cool homemade books, so much, that I had to try my hand at my own. I'm glad he's really getting into it :)

Chris Miller said...

Really!? It was the mother who was totally impressed, in awe, and crazy about those books my daughters created. I still have them, you know. You are invited to revisit them anytime.

Amy Elizabeth said...

I loved those books too.
Not enough to have to make my own but enough to think it was pretty cool for someone else to do :-)

This child of yours is somethin' special!

Kari said...

Why is everyone saying book in the plural? I only made one - who else made the others? I am so confused....