Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Family moments



We ventured out to the mall today. I used to love the crowds, the shopping, the frenzied parking and the search for the perfect present, but with kids it has become harder and a little terrifying. There are so many people everywhere, people are crabby and pushy and not polite at all, not even to little kids, and there are just way too many cars for the city. The kids complain and cry about shopping, and so most of the time we stay home. We did a lot of our shopping this summer, but I still need a few things, so will probably have to go out one of these days on my own to finish up the lists. I am nervous - only 10 more days! I have never felt so stressed during the holidays before. It has been hard for me to get into the spirit and feel somewhat on top of things.

But then I remember - this is what it is about, these are the memories too - and don't feel so bad anymore.



1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

I should probably copy this post idea. Here I am 6 days before Christmas and still need to buy for half of the people on my list....