Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Message from Santa




We got personalized messages from Santa this year. So cool that Santa is techie.

We were fascinated. Santa knew our name, showed us his workshop, knew what we wanted for Christmas and also what we had done this year.


Wow.



In other news, at the request of almost everyone in the family, I am making some chocolate cookie desserts this year. Mostly I make Russian tea cakes, sugar cookies, pies, and a must-have (in my eyes at least): cream wafers. I have never made chocolate cookies for Christmas before, 1) because I am terrified of working with chocolate - it never turns out) and 2) I am not a huge fan, and if I am going to end up eating them all, I want cream wafers, not chocolate chip cookies. But this year, I was told that if I added chocolate to the mix, more of you would eat them. So I am trying Oreo balls, buckeyes, fudge, chocolate-covered Ritz crackers and a classic Kupferschmidt recipe - chocolate-covered, peanut-butter filled Cheezit sandwiches (Butterfinger cookies? I can't remember what they were called now...). We didn't have Cheezits so we are using cheese-flavored crackers, and they turned out pretty great. So far, so good, but now the worry is that nothing will last until Christmas. I guess I'll have to whip up some extra batches...


3 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

Wow- That all sounds delicious!

Amy Elizabeth said...

and I must say that the Message from Santa was the coolest thing!

Jennie said...

Santa even left my boyfriend a message, wow! haha--This was the first year I've tasted, let alone, HEARD of oreo balls--and now they seem to be everywhere--they're delicious! Trying my hand at some this week! And the peanut butter cheezits?! Yum--might have to steal that idea ;)