Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Pageant




Today was the big performance. It went fine. Luckily I didn't have a main part, but as you can see it was a bit difficult to fit everyone into the auditorium. Plus, it had rained that night, so everything was wet and the kids had to stand. I'm not sure Agustín could see my stellar performance.



Here he is, next to the girl in the blue jacket. I couldn't get him to look at the camera!

I had Nico with me (Daddy had to work and the rest of the family is at the beach house), and he was somewhat difficult to handle (he was so nervous being alone in the crowd while I was on stage), but later I convinced him to be good by handing him the camera.



Later that day we had the annual CEC potluck. We had a great turnout, and it was a nice time to visit with teachers that I don't always get to see or spend time with.




The food was great too. We brought Buffalo cheese dip with homemade pita chips and Noodle pudding (a Taste of Home recipe - very interesting, everything I try from those magazines are perfect!), but there was also potstickers, egg rolls, candied almonds, hamburger noodle dish, lots of cakes and cookies and breads, salad, Christmas tamales, beer :), and I can't remember what else, but everything was delicious and I definitely ate more than I should have. :)


No comments: