Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Carry - 31 Things Day 20




My mother was the type of person who had every imaginable thing in her purse (she still is). We made fun of her at times, but it was nice to always have anything and everything you could possibly need at your fingertips. Even so, I told myself that I wouldn’t be like that when I grew up. And I’m not, really.
I prefer to carry as little as possible when I go someplace. I don’t like to have things in my hands, either, so I usually opt for a small purse. (Although when we travel, I go for the biggest one possible, and fill it to the brim.) I am usually very aware of what I am carrying with me. I have a lot of purses and tend to switch them often, so the contents get cleaned out pretty regularly. I don’t really change bags to match my outfit, but choose them depending on their size and what I feel like carrying around at the moment. I do love to have access to lots of things, even if I don’t like to carry them. At times I find myself adding a book or my crocheting bag to my purse. It makes it pretty heavy, however, and it isn’t long before I go back to something smaller.
THINGS IN MY PURSE RIGHT NOW ⎢ a wallet stuffed full of credit cards and other cards (library, stores, gas), my digital camera, my iPod Touch, my cell phone, a band-aid, a small packet of Kleenex, a flyer for a co-worker’s new restaurant, a small 2012 planner, a mini Tide-to-go stick, the car papers, five journaling pens (different colors), two tubes of Carmex, a coin purse with bills and coins and the keys to my office.
THINGS I ALMOST ALWAYS CARRY WITH ME ⎢ lip gloss (Carmex), my ID and driver’s license, my iPod Touch, my cell phone, a pen and a piece of paper for jotting down ideas, some cash (both coins and bills).
My school bag is a different story. It is the point of no return. It almost never gets cleaned out and I carry the same things around with me day after day, always with the intention of taking out some work while in front of the TV or after dinner, and never doing so. This is a bad habit I would really love to change, however the few times I have decided to reduce the stuff in my bag, I invariably need, urgently, something I had taken out. 
THINGS IN MY SCHOOL BAG TODAY ⎢ two notebooks, a day planner, a small baggie with an assortment of pens and pencils and paper clips, a small stapler, a small pair of scissors, a folder with loose papers that accumulate throughout the workday, my invoices. There is much more when I have a class.

1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

I have the same work bag! I drag it to and from school and never really get around to dealing with the stuff inside.