Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Drink - 31 Things Day 28




>> MORNING: coffee or yogurt
>> DAY: Diet Coke or Coke Zero, more coffee, perhaps unsweetened iced tea 
>> EVENING: more Diet Coke or Coke Zero, coffee again or maybe herbal tea, Crystal Light, maybe a beer or glass of wine 
>>I don’t like sweet drinks. I am not a big juice drinker, take my coffee or tea black (and strong), like my wine dry (generally – there are always exceptions for wine). I prefer sour and acidic to sweet and syrupy.
>> I drink a lot of liquids throughout the day, but water is usually at the bottom of my list. If I do have water I’ll usually “spike” it with a squirt of lime (or a few squirts).  I would love to be the type of person who drank more water than pop. I drink too much pop.
>> Andrés and I are not big drinkers. I am embarrassed sometimes when we go out because I have no idea what to order. I usually stick with something I know (and enjoy): vodka and tonic, gin and tonic, a beer or a glass of wine (Pinot Grigio is a favorite right now). I would like to have a larger variety of drinks in my repertoire, but usually end up enjoying the ones above more than something “new” that I’ve tried.
>> My mom and dad were not drinkers at all, and still are not (although now Dad will occasionally have a glass of wine). Alcohol was never in our house, and looked down upon. In Andrés’s family, however, there is always wine or champagne (and lately Scotch) at every event. I like that. 
>> In the last few months I have been having a beer at night about once or twice a week. It tastes really good and makes me feel grown-up for some reason.
>> When Agustín was little he hated any fizzy drink. He would point at them and say, “Tatay” (yuck!), and then hold his throat and say, “Me hace ayayay.” (It makes ouchies in my throat.) To this day, he prefers to drink milk (white & chocolate) and yogurt, juices (peach is his favorite) and his go-to drink everywhere: agua sin gas.
>> Nicolás is a bit more rebellious in his drink selection. He likes to try new things: juices (blackberry and orange are favorites), flavored sweetened milk and regular white milk, agua con gas, Tampico, Kool-aid, and even soda pops. He loves to order pop at a restaurant.
>> Agustín is like his father: at a meal, he saves his drink until the very end. Nicolás is more like me: drinks before and throughout the entire meal and then fills up on liquids and doesn’t finish his food.

No comments: