Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Think - 31 Things Day 21



We leave for our summer trip to Minnesota in a few weeks.
I am so excited.
It will be the second time I go alone with the kids and Andrés meets up with us later. I am a little nervous to travel with them by myself, but I know that - in the end - it will all work out.
It will be the first time I will be in the new house in the summer - just our family. I am anxious to get in there and open the windows. I want to walk through the house and open the shutters, look out at the little pond and watch for deer, leave the windows open at night. I am really, really excited to leave the windows open at night.
I am dreaming of sitting outside on the small patio and watching the ducks come in and land on the water. I want to feel the sun on my back as I get up early and sit out there with a cup of coffee, hopefully while the kids still sleep. I plan to put the awning out only when the sun is unbearably hot. I plan to let the sun in as much as possible.
The pool will be open and the kids will probably want to swim a bit. It will be so nice to sit out there with a book while the kids just soak and cool off. Praying for lots of hot, hot, sunny days. 
I will be thrilled if I can get bikes for the kids. I hope they feel the need to get out and ride, play, run, jump, dance, get their bodies moving. I am ready to just feel summer in every breath of the day, re-experience the summers of my youth through them.
We might go for a walk to the park nearby, or maybe see if there are any trails around the lake that isn’t too far from the house (I don’t remember the name). It would be awesome if the kids went out to play by themselves - something they can’t do so much back home. I hope they explore and touch and really get to experience nature. I so want that to happen.
And I really, really hope I hear crickets chirping at night.

No comments: