Sunday, June 03, 2012

Shoes - 31 Things Day 18



Let me just say that I have a lot of shoes for someone not very interested in them. 
I have work shoes (red, black, brown, blue, gray, & beige ballet shoes and a few heels that I never wear). I have tennis shoes (one pair I run in and another new pair I’ve never used yet, plus a few old pairs that Andrés tends to wear. We wear the same size shoe.) I have Crocs (one fake pair and two real pairs, Mary-Jane style). I also have Croc slippers (which I wear in the house, every day, all the time. I love these slippers.) I have a pair of boots (which I also never wear).
That’s a lot of shoes for someone who doesn’t think about them very much.
Granted, I have so many shoes because of Andrés. He is really into shoes. When I met him I probably had three pairs. Every time we go shopping, he looks at shoes for me (and him). He will often buy me shoes online (Crocs, for example) and when we are out shopping, he makes sure we stop at shoes stores like Payless, Nine West, Aldo or look into the shoes departments of Macy’s, JCPenney, Herberger’s, Target. Basically everywhere they sell shoes. He does this for the whole family.
I like most of my shoes, but many of them pinch my feet and toes and give me blisters. It’s hard for me to find a comfortable pair.
You would probably say that I have big feet. I wear a size 9 1/2 but have a hard time finding that size, so usually opt for a 10. My heels are narrow, so many shoes flap off my feet if they are too big (size 10), so I often buy them a bit smaller (size 9). Then they hurt my feet. Of course. 
My sisters and mom all have smaller feet than me. My mother-in-law and all of Andrés’s female relatives have tiny feet. Size 5 or 6 or smaller. Needless to say, shoe shopping is virtually impossible for me here.
True story: I used to periodically go through my closet and get rid of old shoes. Once when I went to the shelter to drop them off, they took a look at them and laughed, then said they didn’t want them because no one, not even a man, would be able to wear these. So embarrassing.
Now I just throw them in the trash, under the potato peels, just in case someone decides to dig them back out.

2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I can't wait to write on this one! Just a few more days of school and my writing will begin!

Moncler Outlet UK said...

Hay, I like it this web site is informative and valuable.