Saturday, May 26, 2012

Look carefully

I just remembered a story I had of Nico about a year ago.

He had just learned how to play Tic Tac Toe and was a little obsessed. He basically wanted to play all the time. On this particular day, I had two "O"'s in a row, but of course, in his excitement to put his "X" down, he didn't block me. I said to him, "OK, look closely. Are you sure you want to put your X there?" He got way up close, put his nose almost directly on the board, and then, in the most serious voice I had heard, said very gravely, "Yes, Mommy, I am sure I want to put it there."

Needless to say, I couldn't put my "O" down for the win.

Amazing what a year can bring. I think if this happened today he'd definitely catch on to what I was trying to tell him.

And then there are these moments.



When you come across a weekly dinner plan that your kids put together, then read it and find that on Monday you're having poop, on Tuesday pee, on Wednesday boogers, Thursday big butt and Friday leftovers (poop again).

Sigh.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Haha, please remind me to pass on dinner invites.. ;-)

Kari said...

LOL Jennie! :)

Chris Miller said...

That is a stitch. Maybe we should have that menu (for real) when you get to Minnesota! Ugh