Friday, April 09, 2010

Fridge art


My kids are way into artistic expression. Every day I hear, "Mommy, can we do obra de arte (arts and crafts)?" I usually say yes, but that means papers and pens and glue and glitter and buttons and squiggly eyes all over the carpet and floor.

Much of the artwork ends up on the fridge. On the fridge we also have some great dinosaur magnets from Grandpa Dan, which the kids will sit and play with for hours at a time. Tonight Agustin was there, creating a maze out of the dinosaurs and making one of the letter magnets try to get through the maze. Great entertainment when we're putting supper together!

4 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

I love arts and crafts time. I finally just gave in and created a little bucket o' fun for Hannah that she can access and 'artwork' her little heart out whenever she feels ready. Sure it makes a mess but I will have plenty of time to clean it up when she is 18 and has moved out.

Kari said...

LOL that is hilarious! Andres and I always say things like that - oh, we'll wash the carpets when the kids are 18, or oh, we'll paint over the crayon marks when they kids are out of the house. I hope we have the energy then, or the house will look like disaster struck! It's already getting pretty bad... lol

Kari said...

and in case it wasn't clear - i love arts and crafts time too :)

Chris Miller said...

Yeah! You guys inherited something from your Mom!! It kind of frustrates me that I don't make time to do anything like that anymore. It was always so relazing when I was in the creative mode....