Friday, April 30, 2010

About to figure it out


Agustin is getting to the age where, any one of these days, he is going to figure a few things out and make the transition from toddler/young child to young boy. Tonight Nicolas chose "Twas the Night Before Christmas" as his bedtime story and Agustin started asking the questions: "Why does Santa only wear red and white? That seems strange." and "How can Santa deliver presents - doesn't he need to sleep?" and "I really don't think Santa can fit down a chimney - and it's too dangerous!" Of course I came up with a good enough answer for each one, but day by day it gets harder and harder.

The other day he said to me that monsters don't exist. "Of course they don't, honey," was my immediate response. But then he looked at me quizzically and said, "But then fairies don't, either."

I dread these talks because one day, inevitably, the light bulb will go off and my little boy will be a big boy. :(

2 comments:

Chris Miller said...

I remember Jan's little brother said something to the effect that it takes them three days and nights to drive to Florida, so how can Santa make the trip around the whole world in one night....? Smart ones, aren't they? Yet, I think they really want to believe..., after all, we trust our parents, don't we?! Makes us all feel a little guilty, huh? And wait until he figures out the "baby" thing....whew! that's a toughie, too. haha

Amy Elizabeth said...

look at how sweet Kas looks there listening to the story. I can not WAIT until you guys are home!