Thursday, April 29, 2010

Growing up


I remember when Agustín was a toddler and thinking of what he would be like as an older boy. I remember wondering when he would start to play soccer, video games, when he would start having crushes on girls... Tonight I was on the computer for a minute and got up to check on Nicolás. When I got back, I had lost my spot, and Agustín had already figured out how to get to his Nick Jr. video game. There was a part of me that was really proud that he could figure it out, proud that he would take this initiative. But there was another part of me that sort of broke, thinking that my little kid is slowly growing up, and that there's no stopping it.

At least I still have Nico. He has been feeling pretty rough the last few days, so he is all about letting me snuggle with him. Which I love. I don't need a baby with him around. But in two more years I am sure I will be writing a similar post about him.


3 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

Or even better...about your new one :-)
get busy, will ya!

Jennie said...

I second that!! And don't even get me started about how fast Agustin (or ALL the kids for that matter) is growing up....

Chris Miller said...

True, true, true....All I have to do is like at my own daughters!!