Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Playing with Photo Booth






Oh, we are having SO much fun with our new computer. One of the best things is the camera. Now we are videoconferencing with Cousin Hannah and Aunt Amy. It is so cool to talk and see each other. We have also talked to Grandma Chris and, even though she doesn't have a camera, she can see us. It is so weird how far away we are yet how close we seem at times. So different from when I first moved here to Ecuador and a letter took 3 weeks. So strange to think we used to live like that, haha (although I still LOVE getting letters in the mail - emails can't compare in some ways).

We also like to play with the actual photo booth feature. The kids took like 20 sessions of pictures, where 4 pictures are snapped very quickly, like in the old-fashioned photo booths. They kept moving around (I think they thought it was video) so the pictures were a bit blurry. We'll have to practice a bit more to get the hang of it. :)

(Boy, when they asked me if I wanted antiglare glasses, I didn't realize otherwise I would get the GLARE version.)

2 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

LOVE your new computer and LOVE Skype!
It was so much fun talking to you guys tonight!
Hannah was giggling herself to sleep talking about silly Kari who smelled her feet.

Chris Miller said...

Isn't modern technology mind boggling? I can't believe how clueless the kids at school are when some of our younger teachers even try to explain that they didn't have computers in school!! Even our kindergartners are computer savvy!!