Monday, April 19, 2010

Marshmallow smile

That title makes me think of the lyrics to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Sometimes the only way we can get Nico to eat is to promise marshmallows for dessert.


Whatever works, my sister would say. Whatever works.


Big brother always gets a kicks out of Little Brother's antics.

It would be fun to be little again.

Here is what a typical evening looks like for them.
(Approximate times)
3:30 Get home and play (cars/legos)
4:00 Homework
5:00 Play (cars/legos)
6:00 Arts and crafts time
7:00 Supper
7:30 Play (Transformers/stuffed animals)
8:00 Get ready for bed
8:15 Sleep

Sometimes I wonder what they'll remember of these days. I remember our after school routine vaguely. It always consisted of a little TV (Little House on the Prairie, Gilligan's Island), dinner around 5 (Oh how I remember waiting for the daycare kids to go home so we could finally EAT!), and TV sitcoms at 7 (with a treat - Cheetoes, popcorn, pop).

2 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

Yup, whatever works :-)

Chris Miller said...

Still doin' that TV thing....wish I had never started that......! Your schedule exhausts me, ha ha.