Thursday, June 10, 2010

NG Kids


Agustín got his National Geographic Kids magazine in the mail (courtesy of Grandma Bauer) today, and it came with a bonus mini magazine inside. Agustín is starting to read more, and so he picked it up and got so excited reading it.

He loves this magazine, and I have to admit, it is pretty cool. Mazes, funny stories, amazing facts about cultures and animals (they love the animals), captions on funny photos, close up pictures and camouflaged pictures where you have to guess what animal is there - he picked through the whole magazine after his bath tonight, savoring all the details.

So fun to see him reading like that, like an adult. So weird to think that he is reading already. That he comes home from school with amazing facts about gravity and the stars and rockets and who knows what else. So fun to see your kids learning.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I was floored talking on the webcam the other night at mom's when you mentioned Agustin reading. I don't know why, he's at that age so I shouldn't have been so shocked, but I guess I had just never thought of it! Now you have a lil library buddy!! Those NG's remind me of Hi-lights...great kid mag!