Saturday, May 22, 2010

A glimpse into the past


I was dead sick today and had to give a workshop in the afternoon in the valley. Andres packed up the kids and drove me, since I was so out of it I never would have made it driving myself. On the way home we stopped at the grocery store and Andres went in to get a few things while the kids and I stayed in the car waiting for him. I was out of it, but suddenly I looked over and saw Nicolas sitting in the driver's seat and drinking from Daddy's water bottle. The look on his face reminded me of when - not all that long ago, really - he used to drink from a bottle. I felt sort of sad, missing my baby, until I realized that in all reality it is just over a year and a few months ago that he quit the bottle. (A little embarrassing for a four-year-old)

1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

He looks WAY TOO grown up here! It is going to be crazy to see the boys this summer. They seem so much bigger each time we see them, I can't even imagine...