Monday, May 03, 2010

Packing


Getting ready for my trip to Rio. I like to say that. Of course, this is RioBAMBA I am talking about, but it still feels fun to say, "I'm off to Rio now!"

Will also be in Amba(to) and Lata(cunga). When I call them by these nicknames it doesn't seem so bad to be leaving the fam. "Off to see my friends Rio, Amba and Lata now! Chao!"

I'm actually quite excited for a little alone time. See those three books? I know most of you know me as a perpetual pessimist, but did you know that when it comes to the number of pages I think I might be able to get through on a trip I am a die hard optimist? I bet you didn't know that!

I do not like to find myself bookless, nor feel that I have to modulate my reading speed because I might run out of material.

That said, I will probably be lucky to make it past two chapters in one book before I fall asleep.

Pathetic!

2 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

I noticed those books right away! Hope you got some reading done.

Kari said...

lol, and i only read like 20 pages tops! oh well. can never have too much reading material, in my opinion!