Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pico y placa - the start of a love/hate relationship


My pico y placa day is Thursday, because my license plate ends in 8. That means that I cannot drive my car inside the city between 7-9:30 a.m. and 4-7:30 p.m. I am not a fan of this measure the city has taken to try to reduce the traffic, for many reasons I don't care to get into here (it'll just get me all worked up). Because of this, however, my boss has said I can work from home on Thursdays, when possible. I did today, and loved it! If this is the way it is going to go, I may just decide that pico y placa is a great thing!

Notice how I still do not have a "real" license plate yet. Every month since I bought the car (Oct. 2009), they have said the license plates will be in "next month". It's been 7-8 "next months" and still no license plates. Even though an announcement came out in the paper saying that the license plates are finally ready. Nope, not ready.

Needless to say, there are a lot of people driving around the city with papers instead of real plates!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Sounds like an OK deal for you just because you get to work from home, but WHAT a ridiculous 'law'!!!!!!!!!!!! omg...reminds me of something MN would come up with though :P

Amy Elizabeth said...

Working from home is wonderful and you should take advantage of it whenever you can. Somedays I get twice as much done at home because I feel so much more motivated there and even though I am home I have less distraction.